Thanks for stopping by! My name is Anthony Kirlew and I am passionate about real estate and finances. I have spent much of my career helping people solve financial problems. As a financial coach, I help people look at real estate differently than most real estate agents. Since it is likely your largest investment, I like to discuss how your next home purchase will impact your retirement. Yes, it seems odd to think about retirement when buying a home, but that is just the problem. In our country, people simply don’t talk enough about retirement. In fact, here are some startling statistics about retirement in America (source National Institute on Retirement Security):
- 45% of working age households have no retirement account assets.
- The median retirement account balance is $2,500 for all working-age households.
- The median retirement account balance is $14,500 for near-retirement households.
- 62% of working households age 55-64 have retirement savings less than one times their annual income.
What are my Credentials?
- I have over 10 years of experience helping people buy, sell, and invest in real estate.
- I have 5 years of experience as a mortgage lender, including owning my own mortgage company in Maryland. I have helped people with very challenging circumstances to become homeowners. This led me to write The Bankruptcy Mortgage Book, which was a guide to help people who had suffered a bankruptcy to become homeowners.
- I am the former Vice President of Project Management at Blair Development Corporation – a Maryland based real estate development company.
- I have been featured as a financial expert in multiple media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, MSN, The Street, The Simple Dollar, Credit Karma, and many others.
How I Can Help You?
I am not a financial advisor, so I don’t make investment recommendations, but other than that, I am happy to discuss any financial matters from budgeting to real estate to business financing.
You can call me at 480-935-9977 or send me an email at anthony-at-fiscallysound.com.